Throughout my whole life, I have always loved to be active. The human body is fascinating in terms of its capabilities if it is treated the right way. I have always loved playing sports, being outdoors, running, weightlifting, etc. This passion is a primary reason that led me into my current career as a doctor of physical therapy. I understand the importance of staying healthy, strong, and active and I enjoy helping other people to achieve their health and wellness goals.
It is for these reasons that I am completely stoked to announce my partnership with Kohl’s this summer in support of their “Make Your Move” campaign! Kohl’s goal with this campaign is to increase fitness awareness and help all of you to become more active/healthy. Throughout the summer I will be presenting special posts including Tone and Tighten workouts, healthy recipes, and even some stress management advice. You can expect the same great content that keeps you coming back to Tone and Tighten over and over again with the encouragement that you actively participate and share with us how you “Make Your Move“. I hope this series of posts can help you to take a chance, try new ways to get active, and push yourself to achieve results you’ve always dreamed of.
So to kick things off I thought today I would share 30 of my favorite ways that I like to make my move. Here are 30 ideas of some things that you can do in your day-to-day life that can help you to be more active throughout your day. You assignment today is to look over this list and see whether or not your favorite physical activity is included. If it’s not – I want to hear about it! Leave me a comment below with your favorite way to be active so that we can grow this list and all help each to achieve our goals of a healthier lifestyle. So go ahead… “Make Your Move”!
2. Go for a walk on your lunch break
3. Go for a bike ride
4. Take the stairs
5. Play with your kids at the park
6. Do a 10 minute workout during your favorite sitcom
7. Walk the dog, don’t just watch the dog walk
8. Kick a soccer ball with the kids after dinner
9. Stand up and do 10 squats every hour while at work
10. Walk the stairs on your lunch hour
11. Do 50 jumping jacks
12. Do a workout video
13. Do 20 push-ups
14. Go swimming
15. Go on a hike
16. Do some yard work
17. Do a workout at-home (here are some ideas!)
18. Go to the beach
19. Use a different bathroom in your building (bonus if it’s on another floor)
21. Play with your kids at the playground
22. Jump on a trampoline
23. Go golfing
24. Shoot some hoops (basketball)
25. Play tennis
26. Go to the farmer’s market (more walking than grocery store)
27. Family picnic and take a soccer ball, football, frisbee, etc
28. Go jogging
29. Play tag
30. Most importantly: HAVE FUN!
Alright – so now it’s your turn! Leave me a comment below explaining some of your favorite ways that you #MakeYourMove !!
Fan of my workout gear in this post? Check out these links to find it all at Kohl’s:
Make it happen,
By Jared Beckstrand
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.