The perfect dessert that doesn’t use any refined sugar and actually has some good-for-you ingredients in it! If you love blueberry muffins, you will love these cookies!
Looking for more easy healthy recipes that your family will love? Check out my 30 Days of Healthy Eating Meal Plan – it has over 100 of my favorite healthy recipes that are kid approved!
- 1 cup quick oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, divided
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, mashed banana, vanilla, and honey. Add in the flour mixture, stirring until completely incorporated. Fold in ¾ cup of the blueberries. Let the cookie dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Drop the cookie dough into rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared sheet, and flatten to the desired thickness and width using a spatula. Using the remaining blueberries, place a few blueberries on the top of each cookie.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes moving cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Slightly adapted from Amy’s Healthy Baking
Looking for more healthy recipes?