These Chili Lime Chicken Fajitas will literally knock your tastebuds right out of your mouth!
The combination of the hot spice from the chili and citrus of the lime combined with the fresh flavors from all the veggies is INCREDIBLE! This recipe does NOT disappoint!
But that’s not all today! This post is extra special because…
Tone and Tighten has teamed up with Blackstone Products to give you the “Ultimate Father’s Day Giveaway”! We want to give you a massive 36″ outdoor griddle, a heavy duty outdoor cover, and a professional tool kit for dad to cook food up like the pros! This whole package retails at over $400 – I want to give it to you today completely free!
Interested?! I thought you might be! Keep reading for more…
I know what you might be thinking – a griddle?? I thought dad only cooked on a grill?
Trust me on this one – your dad WANTS this griddle and you WANT him to have it.
Did you know the majority of steaks, chicken, and other cuts of meat you order in a restaurant are actually cooked on a flat-iron griddle? The heat is more even with less flare-ups which makes for better, more consistent cooking.
The result is PHENOMENAL food that you’ll enjoy eating almost as much as dad enjoys cooking.
BUT THAT’S NOT ALL! They’re so versatile! Some of our favorite foods to cook on our griddle include fajitas, stir-fry, french toast, omelettes, and veggies.
You just can’t do that on a traditional grill.
SO HOW DO YOU WIN?
We’re conducting this giveaway on Instagram. Simply…
1. FOLLOW @tone_and_tighten AND @blackstoneproducts on Instagram (this will be verified for you to be eligible to win)
2. Follow THIS LINK to my most recent Instagram post (with the image above)
3. TAG A FRIEND in a comment on the post (one friend per comment; enter as many times as you’d like by tagging as many friends as you would like).
Entries for this giveaway start Tuesday June 5th and go through Wednesday June 6th at midnight. The winner will be verified, contacted, and announced on Thursday morning (June 7th) and we’ll get the griddle bundle shipped out to you immediately.
You can also use the code “TONEANDTIGHTEN” at Blackstone Products’ website to get 10% OFF ANYTHING on the site! They’re the ultimate stop for all things outdoor cooking – be sure to check it out!
This is one of my favorite products ever and I’m SO STOKED to be hooking you up with one! Remember to enter as many times as you’d like, and I hope to announce your name June 6th!
And now on to our recipe!
We LOVE fajitas at my house! This recipe is one of our favorites because the combination of flavors is so exquisite! Obviously you can make them up as fajitas, but we also love to put the chicken and peppers over a salad for a delicious low-carb option!
Hope you enjoy!
- ¼ c lime juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ pounds chicken breast - sliced into fajita strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper - sliced
- 1 green bell pepper - sliced
- 1 red bell pepper - sliced
- 1 medium red onion - sliced
- 12 fajita tortillas (6-8 inches)
- Shredded cheese (Optional)
- Sour cream (Optional)
- Salsa (Optional)
- Tomatoes (Optional)
- Guacamole (Optional)
- In a resealable, gallon-sized plastic bag, mix lime juice, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin, and oil until well-combined.
- Add chicken, seal bag, and knead to coat evenly.
- Let marinate 30 minutes - 6 hours (I don’t recommend more than 6 hours as the acid from the lime juice can break down the chicken, affecting its texture).
- Heat your griddle or two large saucepans to medium-high heat and cover the surface with olive oil.
- Add the peppers and onions to half your griddle (or one of the saucepans) and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add the chicken and marinade mixture to the other half of your griddle (or the other saucepan) and cook for 8-10 minutes turning occasionally.
- Chicken’s internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- Serve on tortillas, top with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and tomatoes.
- (Nutrition facts listed are per serving - 2 fajitas)
Looking for more healthy, delicious Mexican cuisine meals? We’ve got you covered! Check out some of our favorites…
Make it happen,