A few weeks ago my husband and I traveled to the beautiful Turks and Caicos Beaches Resort. It is an all inclusive resort and it really was one of the best vacations I have ever been on!
I had never been to an all inclusive resort before and I don’t know if I can ever go back to just plain resorts! Ha Ha! They had the best food and the best drinks I have eaten (and because it was all inclusive… NO TIPS EVER!)
One night we went to a fancy restaurant and they served us a small sample of sweet potato soup. It was the best soup I had ever eaten! I knew I had to try and make it when I got home! Now my sweet potato soup doesn’t taste exactly like the one in Turks and Caicos, but it sure tastes delicious!
Here are some of the pictures. Oh how I miss it. And if you are wondering… the water is really that blue!
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can of white navy beans
- ½ cup of whipping cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- cayenne to taste
- Garlic salt to taste
- Croutons and green onions to garnish (optional)
- Heat water on the stove in a large stock pot until it boils. Scrub your sweet potatoes, peel them, and cut them into cubes. Put them in the pot and let them boil until soft.
- Once they are soft, drain the sweet potatoes and put them into a blender. Add 2 cups of broth, navy beans, and garlic also into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Scrape the sweet potato mixture back into the stock pot. Pour in the rest of the both, and cream into the pot and cook it on medium high heat until it simmers.
- Add lemon, sea salt, cayenne, and garlic salt to add some extra flavor. Simmer for about 2 minutes and serve warm.
- I served mine with croutons and green onions, but it is still delicious just plain!
Materials used for this recipe:
Our first cookbook is filled with some of our favorite family recipes!
For only $16, it makes a great gift for the holidays! Get it HERE!