My family and I love quinoa. If you have never tried it, I highly recommend it! It is almost like a cross between a noodle and rice. It works perfectly in this Santa Fe Salad! Hope you like it as much as we do!
Santa Fe Quinoa Salad
Author: Six Sisters Stuff
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 2 ears of fresh corn, cut of the cob
- 2 tbs minced red onion
- 2 tbs minced cilantro
- 1 small tomato
- 1 avocado
- ½ lime - juiced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 small garlic, clove minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ cup of cooked quinoa
- In a bowl add your black beans, red pepper, corn, onion, cilantro, and quinoa.
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper and honey together and toss over bean and corn mixture.
- Refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- When ready to serve, add your tomato and avocado. Gently toss and combine well.
- You can serve this just as a salad or you can serve it with crackers or chips.
Other interesting food sites: