This is the easiest side dish – and it tastes amazing!! Pair it with some grilled chicken or baked salmon and you have an amazing meal. This also makes a great meal all by itself.
If you are looking for more healthy recipes to keep your eating on track, be sure to check out my 1500 Calorie 14-Day Healthy Eating Plan!
- 1 (2-3 pound) spaghetti squash
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise (from stem to tail) and scrape out the seeds. If needed, place squash in microwave for 2-3 minutes to make slicing easier. Drizzle inside of squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place squash cut-side down into the pan. Place in preheated oven and roast for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a fork, scrape the inside of the squash to make long strands.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining butter until melted.
- Add spaghetti squash to skillet and gently toss to combine until heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately, topped with Parmesan cheese and garnished with parsley.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
Looking for more healthy recipes?