Sometimes casseroles can get a bad rap for being loaded with mystery cream soups and other unhealthy foods, but this casserole does not fit in that category!
Creamy, warm and delicious, the entire casserole is made from scratch and is the perfect healthy comfort food!
Check out Tone and Tighten’s newest eBook…
“The 30 Day Healthy Menu Plan”
Real recipes for real people – CLICK HERE to learn more!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and finely chopped
- 2-3 cups cooked shredded chicken (you could use a rotisserie chicken)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup Panko crumbs (found on the bread crumb aisle)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Within the last 5 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli on top and steam until cooked through.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in quinoa, broccoli, chicken, 1 cup cheese and Greek yogurt; season with garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread broccoli mixture into the prepared 9x13" baking pan; sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese. Place into oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Panko, if desired.
Items needed for recipe:
Recipe adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
Check out my new 8 Week Beginners Workout Guide!
A complete at-home plan to help you reach your fitness goals!
Click here for all the details.