It seems that my kids are always searching the kitchen for a healthy treat and this is one that I taught them to make a couple of months ago . . . it is now a staple snack that we always keep on hand!
I keep them in an air-tight container and they have lasted for up to a week! They are a perfect on-the-go snack that you can feel good about giving your kids (and yourself!).
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter (no added sugar)
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup mini baking candies (or mini chocolate chips . . . or even nothing at all! They are good without!)
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, peanut butter, and honey. The dough will be tough to stir and kind of sticky, but don't give up!
- Add in candies or chocolate chips (if using).
- Roll into 1" balls.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Recipe slightly adapted from Spaceships and Laser Beams