Soup season is here!
This is an amazing soup that you can throw together in a matter of minutes and it’s packed with vegetables to fill you up and keep you going all day long.
This soup is perfect for lunch or dinner – sometimes I will make a batch of it for dinner and then eat it for the next few days for a quick on-the-go lunch.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Italian Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce (I used a traditional flavor, but you could also use tomato sauce)
- 1 (14 oz) can vegetable broth
- ½ package (6 oz) frozen cheese tortellini
- ½ bag (5 oz) fresh baby spinach
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook for 2 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and continue to cook for more 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and vegetable oil and bring to a boil.
- Add frozen tortellini and spinach, then add salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until tortellini is tender and soup is heated through.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe source: Diethood
Looking for more healthy dishes?
Ground Turkey Taco Skillet