I love treats.
And I personally believe that with a balanced diet, you can still have a treat every once in a while – moderation in all things, right?
These little protein bars are my saving grace! Loaded with protein, they keep me feeling full throughout the day, especially when I hit that 3 pm wall and want something sweet.
They only require 5 ingredients – one of them being protein powder. This is the protein powder that I use:
There are many kinds out there, but I like the flavor of this one the best.
- 1½ cups oatmeal
- 1¼ cups natural peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (I found this on the flour and baking aisle at my grocery store)
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together (I used a large wooden spoon, but be aware that the dough will be thick!). Press the dough into a 9x13" baking pan using your hands.
- Cut into 2x2" bars and enjoy!
- (If your bars are too soft, stick them into the fridge to set-up for a couple of minutes.)
Recipe source: The Happy Gal
Get The Happy Gal’s Healthy Cookbook!